Dr. Carol Anderson of “One Person, No Vote: How Voter Suppression is Destroying Our Democracy” was the headline speaker on Sept. 28 for a partnership between the San Antonio (TX) Chapter of The Links, Incorporated and Texas Public Radio to educate the San Antonio community about voter suppression.
David Martin Davies, host of “The Source” on Texas Public Radio started the two-hour event with a one-on-one radio interview with Dr. Anderson, who is a professor of African American Studies at Emory University. Listen to the radio interview here.
Private Panel Discussion
After the interview, Dr. Anderson joined a panel discussion to continue the conversation of voter oppression in America. The panelists included:
- David Martin Davies, Texas Public Radio host of “The Source”
- Dr. Carol Anderson, “One Person, No Vote.”
- Paula E. Miles, President of the San Antonio (TX) Chapter of The Links, Incorporated
- Sandra K. Parker, Chair of Links Western Area Legislative Issues and Public Affairs Committee
- Dr. Kimberly Jeffries Leonard, National President of The Links, Incorporated
- Rosaland Anderson, Voting expert, San Antonio Chapter of The Links, Incorporated
The San Antonio Links would like to thank its sponsors for helping to bring Dr. Anderson’s voice to the Alamo City. Our sponsors are H-E-B; CPS Energy; NuStar Energy, LP; University Health System; and Friends of The Links. The event is one of many initiatives that the chapter is doing to celebrate its 60 years of serving the San Antonio community.