An integrated approach to preparing youth for the 21st century workforce
Purpose: The Links, Inc.’s first program facet, Services to Youth, was created to equip African-American children to use their intellect and spirit of achievement to indeed walk with their fellows in leading the way.
- Promote early literacy
- Implement local mentoring programs from kindergarten through college
- Close the academic achievement gaps from kindergarten through college
- Introduce and support Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (S.T.E.M.) education and career readiness
- Implement college readiness programs
- Increase high school and college graduation rates
- Award college scholarships and build educational endowments
- Promote and support Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs)
National Initiatives: National Mentoring, Young Achievers, S.T.E.M. Education and Career Readiness, National Historically Black Colleges and Universities, Education Linkage, Achieving the Dream, Inc. Partnership
Signature Programs: Links to Success: Children Achieving Excellence (Grades K-3) and Project L.E.A.D. – High Expectations (Grades 4-8)
For more detailed information regarding STY programming, please visit http://linksinc.org/youth.shtml or email firstname.lastname@example.org.