The San Antonio (TX) Chapter of The Links, Incorporated will partner with young women to support them in discovering what success means to them and help them achieve that success. The Chapter is launching the Links4Success Mentoring Program for San Antonio female students in the 9th grade.
Young women selected to participate in the program will be assigned trained mentors who are members of The Links, Incorporated. In addition to mentorship, students will experience engaging modules on topics like financial literacy, building communication skills, personal goal setting, self-awareness, and career and college prep.
Here are some more details you and your parents/guardians will want to know:
- There is NO COST to apply for the program or to participate in the program if selected
- Students in the 9th grade will be encouraged to participate in the program through their senior year in high school because the benefits of program participation during the junior and senior years are AWESOME –
- Opportunities for paid internships
- Practical experience in career planning
- Job-shadowing opportunities with Links Chapter members who are business owners, physicians, attorneys, educators, entrepreneurs, engineers, and corporate executives
- Educational sessions will occur monthly from January 2023 through May 2023 in the first year of this new program. In future years, the program will run from September through April.
- Program participants and their mentors may choose to connect outside of the monthly sessions.
San Antonio Chapter members are excited about becoming your mentor and supporting you throughout your high school years! The application deadline is November 30. Direct questions to SALinks4Success@gmail.com.