History of our Scholarship Program
The Youth Achievers Award Program was established in 1977 by Deborah Collins Crawford. It later evolved into the Salute to Youth Program. Youth are recognized for academic excellence, artistic development, school participation, athletic achievement, church participation, and/or civic participation.
San Antonio Links 2020 Scholarship Program – Deadline Extended to March 14, 2020
The 2020 Scholarship Program will provide up to eleven (11) $2,500 scholarships to deserving area high school students who are active in supporting their community. Top candidates should demonstrate eagerness to achieve through knowledge by intending to pursue post-high school course of study at a college, university or other post-secondary educational institution. Completed applications must be postmarked by March 14, 2020. Scholarship award winners will be announced in April. Click on the link to complete and print the scholarship application.
To apply for the scholarship, click here.
Congratulations to our 2019 Link Scholars
Leah Adams, Michaela Edwards, Malia Ellis-Beverly, Alexia Johnson, Jada Marshall, Teahna Moore, Haven Primm, William Sands, Astane Tucker, Reanna Wilson, and Caiya Wiltshire.
Endowment and Scholarship Facts
- National Merit Scholar
- 1st place vocalist in Scholastic Competition
- Financial Vice President for a Junior Achievement Company
- Member of the Society of Distinguished American High School Students
- ROTC Company and Battalion Commander
- Teen Advisory Group member for Drug and Crime Prevention
- Energy Conservation Committee Member
- High Teen Magazine panelist
- 1st place winner in the Louisiana State Invitational (Talent Award)
- Who’s Who Among High School Students
- Freshman of the Year at Rice University
- Student Council President
- Civics Club President
- Forensic League President
- 1st place District Algebra II contest winner
- Classical Pianist – superior rating
- Trinity University
- Girl Scouts Program “Wider Opportunities” leader
- Latin Club President and more.